Wellgate Community Farm bring the circle of life to life by supplying a hugely enjoyable and educational chick and duckling hatching experience for Nurseries, Preschools and Primary Schools.
Schools and Nurseries can sign up to hire an incubator from our Hatch Pack service where we:-
- Loan and install an incubator and equipment
- Supply a clutch of fertilised chicken or duck eggs
- Deliver a short age-appropriate talk for the class
- Supply a teachers pack supporting EYFS, KS1, and KS2
- Collect the equipment and hatchlings
Once the chicks have been hatched, they are returned to us and children can come to visit them later in the year.
The hatchpack scheme runs in half-termly batches starting from the 2nd half of Spring term to the end of the school year. Staff delivering talks are trained by the Countryside Visits Education Scheme and are Enhanced DBS checked.
If you’re interested in finding out more or booking then please Contact Us. Priority given to local schools.